Friday, October 21, 2011

Mail Call - Hungary

MAIL CALL - HUNGARY

Looky what I got in the mail yesterday!!


Edit - one of my readers from Hungary - sent me this in return for some jelly rolls and charm packs that I sent her.

She blogged about it – here -

Such pretty stuff –

Here’s s detail photo of the embroidery –
I think this one is called “Matyo” –
It is sometimes done on black fabric –
The stitching is really dense on those flowers –


Here’s a detail photo of one of the other ones –
This one is what they call “Kalocsa Richelieu” –
It’s a cutwork lace art embroidery from Kalocsa –
On the Danube in Southern Hungary –


Aren’t they BEAUTIFUL?
I just LOVE them –
They are AUTHENTIC HUNGARIAN PATTERNS –
In TRADITIONAL HUNGARIAN COLORS –

And then there’s the PAPRIKA – 200g of it –
(That's about 7 ounces - I think) -
And - that there is the GOOD stuff!!

She even included a little “Thank You” plaque with her name on it –
"Woodburning" appears to be another one of her talents –
Check out her blog – she does some really nice work -


THANK YOU, EDIT!!

UPDATE - 10/21/11 - 11:53AM -
Just got this email from Edit -

Dear Kitty!

I am glad that my package to arrive to you. Amazing that you like the Kalocsatablecloths. I hope to show you that American people and tell them that they areprepared by hand Hungary.
The peppers can do a little each dish. Meats, soups, stews.

Edit


Did you catch that part about the lace being done BY HAND!! - WOW!!

Talk to you later – gotta go – gotta sew -

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...