Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Orca Bay - Lighting

Orca Bay - Lighting

Those of us who are playing along with Bonnie Hunter's ORCA BAY MYSTERY QUILT -are linking up on Mondays.  Check out our progress on her blog - Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!
We are all working at our own pace - following along with her clues - it is NOT a race.  ;))
This is what I've been working on this past week.
=====


I cut some more pairs yesterday -

But some of them were coming up short - huh???

I'm using another version of Bonnie's companion ruler -

And -

I am LEFT-HANDED -

So - to make the cuts accurately with this ruler -

I need to line up the RIGHT side -

Then cut on the LEFT side -

Wherever that is -

This morning I realized that I wasn’t lining up the RIGHT side of my ruler correctly -
See those little dots on the left side of the ruler? Watch what happens -



The LIGHTING was wrong -

There was a shadow on the RIGHT side -

And that made it difficult to see that the ruler was OFF the fabric -



When I moved my lamp to the RIGHT side of my cutting table -

I could see where the RIGHT edge of the fabric was -

And the little dots are under the ruler now -



Such a simple solution - it made me laugh.  ;))


Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - (a bunch more of these  ;))

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Well, I make a template and draw around it, then line up the points and lines and sew it all by hand. It all takes time and I can't do a mystery quilt that way but the pieces all fit together and I don't have to worry about seem allowances being a bit short. Good for you to lick this problem!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...