Monday, December 12, 2011

Design Wall Monday - Orca Bay - 12/12/11

DESIGN WALL MONDAY - ORCA BAY - 12/12/11

Those of us who are linking up with Judy L. at Patchwork Times - Design Wall Monday -
and -
Those of us who are playing along with Bonnie Hunter's ORCA BAY MYSTERY QUILT -
are linking up on Mondays.  Check out our progress on her blog - Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!
We are all working at our own pace - following along with her clues - it is NOT a race.  ;))

I'm linking up with them both -
And - since I am LEFT-HANDED - I'm also adding my LHQ blurb -

============
Note - these instructions are written in LEFTISH.
If you are right-handed - just reverse the directions.
============


For those of you who think my sewing room is too tidy -
You haven’t seen my dining room table -


Or the area next to it - ;))


The dining room table has books and magazines that I need to sort through -
And remnants of UFOs and demos/tutorials -

The area next to it has the stuff for the Floral Applique quilt that has now taken up residence on the hallway design wall next to WSong -


As far as Orca Bay is concerned -

Part 1 - B/W - QST - no change

Part 2 - Blue String Blocks - no change

Part 3 - B/W - HST

I’m using Triangulations™ for this part -
So I cut some black chunks -


And some neutral chunks -


And then I couldn’t resist -

After I paired them up -
(And sewed about a hundred of them) -

I had to set them aside -


‘Cuz when Part 4 - Red String Blocks - came out -

I HAD to make me some of those - ;))



LEFTIES - DON'T FORGET -

TURN THEM 1/4 TURN - LEFT OR RIGHT - BEFORE YOU CUT THEM!!



So now - it’s eeney - meeny - miney - moe -

At least until Part 5 comes out on Friday - ;))


Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -


6 comments:

Editfolt said...

OMG. All of this fabric? Beautiful!
Very good for the red block!

marcella said...

Wow, that is quite the stash! Glad you're having fun with the mystery. It's so fun sewing all these little units and wondering what it will all turn out to be.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

you really are the queen of the plastic storage bin....wow....looks great. Love your hallway design wall. There is not wasted space with you. I love your scrap quilts.

Katie said...

Okay, so you've got a lot of stuff crammed in there, but it's still TIDY! But you do get bonus points for using your dining room table as storage. :) Your mystery units are coming along nicely. Once I saw the string blocks, I was out. I'm glad I waited a week to start. I'm SO not a string block quilter, but my mom is begging MY stash to make hers! (It's not that she doesn't have enough, it's that she doesn't want to cut into her big pieces.)

Sue Daurio said...

Those quilts in the hallway are gorgeous!! Love the strings, I'm so hooked on them now. Your's are looking great

Sue said...

Love all your Orca Bay fabrics, your strings.....and your dining area. We have areas like that at our place, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...