Monday, December 26, 2011

Design Wall Monday - Orca Bay - 12/26/11

DESIGN WALL MONDAY - ORCA BAY - 12/26/11

Those of us who are linking up with Judy L. at Patchwork Times - Design Wall Monday -
and -
Those of us who are playing along with Bonnie Hunter's ORCA BAY MYSTERY QUILT -
are linking up on Mondays.  Check out our progress on her blog - Quiltville's Quips & Snips!!
We are all working at our own pace - following along with her clues - it is NOT a race.  ;))

I'm linking up with them both -
And - since I am LEFT-HANDED - I'm also adding my LHQ blurb -

============
Note - these instructions are written in LEFTISH.
If you are right-handed - just reverse the directions.
============


This is Monday -

And I’m not home today -

I’m “away” for the holidays - ;))

So - I wrote this Friday night -

And scheduled it to go “live” Monday morning -

Anyway -

Thursday morning - Bonnie posted Part #6 - a day early -

As an early Christmas present to us all - YAY!!

An extra day to work on catching up - or getting ahead - or whatever -

Me??

I was still working on catching up on Part #1 -

All of those quarter-square triangles -

And - sure enough - just like I thought -

Bonnie decided to start building on Part #1 -

But that's OK -

I have 124 of them made - enough for 31 Part #6 blocks -


I still have 100 more to make - for the other 25 blocks -
They're all paired up - just need to be sewn together -
Shouldn't take long - haha -
Sure glad it's NOT a race - ;))


AND -

I already have the Accuquilt GO! Die for the 2-1/2” squares -

SO -

I had planned to cut the squares for Part #6 -
Before I went “away” - but I didn’t get the chance -
I/we had to get ready and pack instead -
And that is always more fun than cutting anyway -
So - I’ll play with those when I get back - ;))

In the meantime -

I hope that you all had a GREAT Christmas - and that Santa was very good to you!

I’ll tell you later if Santa brought me the die to cut the Part #5 triangles -
(‘cuz this is REALLY Friday night - and I haven’t got a clue what he brought me yet - ;))

But Sue said last week -

“I hope you have been good and get the cutter.”

So - I’ll tell you the same thing I told her -

“Oh I have been VERY good!!
And if Santa doesn't buy it for me -
I know where the credit card is. ;))”



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

4 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

LOL! I, too, know where Santa's credit card is located. And I often have to use it, sometimes Santa just doesn't have a clue!

LOL. Merry Acu-cutting!

glen inLouisiana

Helen in the UK said...

Slow but steady and you will get there! I'm still on Clue 5 and I'm only making half quantities :)

Katie said...

Is that a cookie sheet I see under your quilt pieces? Oh but how will you bake goodies? (Ha ha ha ha ha!) Looking good! I sure hope Santa brought you that die, but I also like your alternate solution with the credit card. :)

TDJ said...

I had a dream last night that I had to break into the emergency Credit Card....risking the ire of hubby.

Orca Bay is my first Mystery quilt, though I have been quilting off and on for most of my life I still consider myself an advanced beginner. Your squares are so neat and tidy and I am just finishing step 1 and made a headway into step 2 today. I am still trimming my step 1 squares, I hate trimming. I cannot wait to see everyone's quilts when WE are all DONE!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...