Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mail Call - 12/14/11

Looky what I got in the mail yesterday!!



KatieM. sent me some thread bits and pieces -



OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH My Precious - ;))

They are SO PRETTY -

And SO SHINY -

BEAUTIFUL!!

Almost made me want to stop and make a Thread Bowl right then and there -

Almost -

But I was a good girl -

I had a chore on my list for the day - and I did my chore -

I hemmed the curtains that have been hanging in our bedroom for the past who knows how many years - the curtains that have always been too long - just kinda “puddled” on the floor - and always looking “wrong” - not pretty like they do in all the magazines - and THAT was finally getting on my nerves - SO - down they came (with the help of Grandson #1) and to the sewing room they went. Now - don’t get me wrong - I don’t mind hemming curtains - I made the curtains for every window in this house (except THOSE) - but that was a LONG time ago - and I don’t wanna do that anymore -

I want to work on Orca Bay -

But I was a good girl - and I did my chore -

And THEN I played with Orca Bay - ;))

I’m still messing with the Part 3 - HST -
But - hey - I AM making progress -
And that’s what counts, right??


Now if I could just figure out a way to make the pieces sew themselves -
That would help a BUNCH!! ;))

Especially ‘cuz Part #5 comes out tomorrow - YIKES!!

And I have some PRETTY - NEW - THREADS - to sew -


Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - SOMETHING!!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Orca Bay is a very nice way to reward yourself. ;)

Linda said...

I get you about just wanting to work on Orca Bay. I had to set it aside because I MUST get the tree up today!! All the kids, grands & greats will be here in a week and they expect Christmas decorations. I just don't know what's wrong with kids these days. Don't they know I have to sew? ;|

Katie said...

I'm glad you like thos threads because I wouldn't know what to do with them! (I know, I know - thread bowl...is that where you put all your threads in a big bowl and hope the cats don't eat them and regurgitate them on your bed in the middle of the night? No? I didn't think so...) If you figure out a way to get quilts to sew themselves, though, please do share. I think there are quite a few of us who could use that skill.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...