Friday, April 6, 2012

LHQSQ - Blocks - 6 - 7 - 8


Here are THREE more 6” sampler blocks -

That you can make using -
2-1/2” squares
and HST that FINISH at 2”

Three across and three down -

Variations of the basic NINE-PATCH -

The sewn block will MEASURE 6-1/2” -

And FINISH at 6” -

===

If I go back to the basic NINE-PATCH - POSITIVE


And put dark/light HST in the corners -
I get a SHOO FLY block -


If I take the corner HST and turn them -
The other way -
I get a SNOWBALL VARIATION block -


If I change out the center dark square -
For a light one -
I get a classic SNOWBALL block -


Cool, huh?



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

1 comment:

Katie M. said...

I was looking at a picture of a quilt just this morning that is made with all scrappy half square triangles - the constant was that one half of the square was all shades of grey and the layout had the grey making a sort of lattice, which appeared on point. I may have found what I want to do with my scraps..... Thinking I want to go buy some nice black as my 'constant'....
Oh anyway, your post made me think of that quilt.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...