Monday, May 28, 2012

WOLF SONG - BACK

DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. at Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))

============

Note - these instructions are written in LEFTISH.
If you are right-handed - just reverse the directions.
============

I took another break –

From my LHQ Sampler Quilt -
See the page/tab at the top of my blog -

I decided to finish the backing for the Wolf Song quilt –

I started working on it a while back -

But I got sidetracked - ;))

The panel came with two more wolf scenes –
Perfect for the back –

Add some brown trees for a strip in the middle -

Add some green trees and the extra wolf vignette fabric –
For a strip along the top –

Then fill in with some black along the bottom -

Looking good!! –


And then -

I saw another squirrel - :))

And never got back to it -

Until now -

So -

One problem is that my first plan doesn’t fit this wall -

It's too big -

So I switched to the wall in the hallway -

And - because I have a tendency to measure WRONG -

I put up the top first -

Now - if I pin the back on top of it -

With some extra on each side -

I can SEE if it’s big enough -

Or not - ;))

The green trees and extra wolf vignette fabric -
At the top -


A chunk of dark green at the bottom -
Gotta save that BLACK - LOVE that BLACK!! -


The wolf scenes can go in the middle -
So they won’t get chopped off when it gets trimmed -
With a spacer strip to set off the wolf vignette fabric -

Sew some more green trees to the left -
And some brown trees to the right -

Shift the big green chunk on the bottom -
Over to the left side -
Add some more green trees to the right side -

NEVER going to use those green trees again -
Might as well use it UP!! -


And when I sew larger pieces together -
I always put an extra pin to keep the sides straight -
See the top pin on the right?
I’m sewing the edge along the bottom -


Close-up of the wolf scenes -
Looking good!!


Here’s another shot from the other end of the hallway -
The whole top is covered -
Looks big enough to me - ;))


Sew it all together -
Put it up on the wall -
Top and back -
Side by side -



Now I need the sleeve - binding - and label -

Then I can pack it up for my friend/quilter -

To quilt -

While I make the scrap card -

Heart -

Write the story -

And gather photos - ;))



Talk to you later – gotta go – gotta sew –



1 comment:

MTN MAMA said...

I too am a Lefty handed quilter and as you well know we do do things in the "leftish" style. But what I really like is all my quilter friends are so jealous that I can rotary cut with both hands.....and do it well!! Left handers are in their right mind....creative and smart all at the same time. Love your wolves!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...