Thursday, September 27, 2012

BH Emails


What you have read is a bit out of context -

There is more to it -

I don’t want to fan any flames -

And debated whether or not to tell the WHOLE story -

Seems she deleted my PUBLIC comment -

Omitted her response to it -

Posted my PRIVATE comment -

Omitted her response to THAT -

And then posted an open letter to me -

So here’s the rest of the story - ;))

=====

NOTE:

Parts 3 and 5 have been published -

Parts 1 and 2 and 4 have not -


===

Part 1 - My original comment - deleted

On Sep 27, 2012, at 4:03 PM, A Left-Handed Quilter wrote:
A Left-Handed Quilter has left a new comment on your post "Amazingly Smart!":

Two things -

1. May we have the name of the Super Quilter? Seems like she should get a shout-out - ;))

2. Brenda Henning - Bear Paw Productions - has a similar method for sewing pre-cut strips. She measures 2-1/4" from the LEFT - my kind of lady - ;)) Here's the link -
http://www.bearpawproductions.com/userfiles/file/Strip%20Width%20May%20Vary.pdf

=====

Part 2- The response - omitted -

Bonnie K Hunter
1:22 PM (5 hours ago)

I'm sorry but I don't remember her name.

Via Bonnie's Iphone!

=====

Part 3 - My response - posted -

Please note -

1. - That this was a PRIVATE response -
2. - That the last three words are NOT in caps -
3. - That there is only ONE exclamation point -
4. - That this was NOT in the public forum until she posted it -


A Left-Handed Quilter caseyq19@gmail.com
2:43 PM (3 hours ago)

I'm disappointed in you, Bonnie. I would think that if you were going to take pictures of her "Amazingly Smart" technique - and then post them on your blog - that you could have done her the simple courtesy of getting her name - so that you could give her credit. Being referred to as a Super Quilter doesn't cut it. That lady taught you something and you can't remember her name? Shame on you! .

=====

Part 4 - Her response - omitted -

Bonnie K Hunter
2:56 PM (3 hours ago)

Please stop reading me. Please stop commenting on my posts. I don't need this kind if reprimanding. I taught I over 70 different people in the past three days. You try to do this.

Leave my blog and leave me be.

Via Bonnie's Iphone!

=====

Part 5 - Her open letter to me - posted - here -

Dear Left Handed Quilter
I’m sorry that I can’t remember the quilter’s name who showed me the strip of paper tip.

In the past 3 days I have had over 70 different students, AND a lecture with 100 people.

I could not remember her name, but I did ask her permission to share it.

However, I do NOT need emails from you reprimanding me, telling me “SHAME ON YOU!!” when I am doing the best I can.

This is a notice that your comments are no longer welcome on my blog and if you do comment, I will remove them, each and every one.

This is MY LIFE. I am doing the best that I can ---I have a mother, I don’t need you to be her.

Please find someone else to tear to shreds.

Left-Handed Quilter wrote:

I'm disappointed in you, Bonnie. I would think that if you were going to take pictures of her "Amazingly Smart" technique - and then post them on your blog - that you could have done her the simple courtesy of getting her name - so that you could give her credit. Being referred to as a Super Quilter doesn't cut it. That lady taught you something and you can't remember her name? Shame on you! .



Note --- all comments to this post have been removed. This remains as my public statement alone.

=====

So that's the rest of the story -



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



19 comments:

Leeann said...

Hey just let it go. I understand that Bonnie just didn't remember, and Bonnie may have just be having a bad day when she answered you, I know I have them often and over react to little stuff.
Also have you ever considered that Bonnie wanted to post the quilters name but when she suggested that the quilter said no? I know a lot of great quilters that don't want to take credit for things publicly on my blog. And sometimes it is because they can't remember where they picked up the idea, and don't want to be accused of 'stealing' someone elses idea as their own.

Miranne said...

Now, that puts things in a different perspective - to me, anyway.

There usually is more than one side to any matter.

I wish you a nice weekend :o)

Julie Fukuda said...

You have always been completely honest and exceedingly helpful. The thing I have always liked about computers (over phone calls) is that you can think things over a while instead of responding right away. It is also possible to think of more than one way to say the same thing without ticking someone off. I love my blogging friends. I wouldn't want to think badly about anyone. I'm so sorry you got such a negative response to a simple honest question. Teachers need to inspire others rather than turn them off. Maybe she had a very bad day.

Linda C said...

Let me get this straight. Her response totally appears to have come out of no where ---because she deleted THAT part. All instigated by a private email because you dared to criticize her when she was apparently over-tired from teaching. You didn't drag it to a public forum, she did.

It is her blog, so I guess she can, and will, do what she wants. Her followers will continue to follow and defend. Your blog and you can do what you want here.

She apparently removed ALL other comments, according to a note at the end except her own public statement. Why didn't she take the whole thing down in that case? There is no record of what caused the outburst---other than the private email and the public response. There is---but not on HER end. Sorta reminds me of "how dare you question the great and powerful Oz." Hung out to dry in the town square.

At least this linked note said that she had asked the nameless quilter for permission. It does not appear that her "amazing note" did though possibly implied. That part bothered me because of a past incident I shared with you privately.

You may not want to allow this and I'll understand.

Katie M. said...

There is always more to every story. Thanks for your side.

Kathaleeny said...

There are always two sides to a story and this puts a different complexion on the story. I don't know what's going on with Bonnie. She's always emphasized kindness and goodwill. Her post about the woman who sold the pink sewing machine made me cringe. Why make such comments about another person? And I don't understand why she thought $15 was so important. I felt really badly for the lady.

I feel badly for you as well to be publicly chastised the way she did. It could have been handled just as easily with an email.

I bookmarked you even though I'm right handed. It's always fun to see what others are doing.
Kathleen

Kathaleeny said...

Sorry I double posted. I thought I replied last night but now realize it was on a previous post.

Sherry said...

I have read BH blog on & off for some time. At one point I was a follower but I took offense at how she would post something that was controversial and then go on a huge rant about how she can't believe that people can be so hurtful and that the comments "ripped her to shreds".

If you post anything on a blog you should expect to hear opposing viewpoints --- both good & bad (as Judy Laquidara did when she was going to get chickens) and as I did when I posted about my views on socialized medicine.

No one should expect everyone to agree with them on everything. That would be nice & there would be a lot less problems. . . but I don't see it happening in the next 15 lifetimes.

Guess I'm going to avoid her blog again. . . .I just don't need to worry about drama mamas in cyberspace; I deal with 2 of them in my real life!

Don't worry, be happy.

Coloradolady said...

all I can say is I have been there and experienced this and it is not fun or funny to be trashed in public. I myself would NEVER do that to anyone. Ever. You can say you are kind all day long, but it is your actions and reactions that speak very clearly. Sorry this happened to you. I have learned my lesson rather well about leaving comments or not.

Just Sew Sue said...

Has her blog post now been deleted too? Definite over reaction by Bonnie.

Coloradolady said...

and.....the last thoughts on this for me were....if she had time to take a photo, then it looked to me that taking a couple of seconds to write down the lady's name should have been done. IMO but that is ONLY my OPINION.

cynthia said...

I think Bonnie was channeling Ann Romney: "Just stop. This is hard. You want to try this--get in the ring." Parallel statements!

I am so sorry that this happened to you.

Sue said...

Brick bats to her....bouquets to you.

Quilted Rainbow said...

Kathleen, thank you for the comment about the woman & the pink machine- I felt the same way and I'm hoping that woman doesn't read Bonnie's blog... shameful way to talk about people!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...


On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 12:01 AM, A Left-Handed Quilter wrote:

I guess so - it used to be after "Amazingly Smart" and before "Iphonogram - I Just Had To". And thanks - glad it's not just me - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I just looked - it's back up on her site - ;))

Betty said...

The response by BH to the simple question was, as stated above "I'm sorry but I don't remember her name". Then came the reprimand from ALHQ. So maybe ALHQ was having a bad day also!

Kathaleeny said...

its back up but she has removed the linky to your blog. She assumed her brigade of Bonnie-you're -so-wonderful would follow you here and continue the bullying. Now that she sees your truer version its not as sympathetic to bonnie. And you have a nice little response from people who feel similarly.

Bonnie, if you're back don't even think about using that new technique. We know its not yours to use unless you paid Faith sell.

Kathaleeny said...

thanks Rain. My mom always said if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...