Monday, December 10, 2012

Design Wall Monday - 12/10/12

DESIGN WALL MONDAY - 12/10/12
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. at Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


Another episode of -

Leisurely Turtle Race to Christmas with Squirrels Allowed - ;))

===

I still can’t decide what to do with this -




EDIT - 6:50PM - better photo of "framing" fabrics -


I thought of some possible maybes -

1. Cut apart the squares - sew them back together in a “Warm Wishes” setting -
here - like this -

I can use 29 of the 30 squares and fill in the blanks with "something" - ;))


or -

2. Like this -

or -

3. Cut apart the squares - sew them back together with alternate “Hourglass” blocks -
like this -

or -

4. Like this -

or -

5. Do Nothing - just add some borders and call it good - ;))

I'm kinda partial to #3 - I like the way the blocks look "framed" -

And I'm not sure that I want to add "denim" to the mix -

And then there's how many blocks I want to use -

And how big I want it to be -

So - I still can’t decide -

And then there's always next year's Race - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

P.S.
This post was written and scheduled to go "live" today - before I learned that Linda - my bloggy buddy/friend and "Racing" partner had to have surgery recently and will be sidelined for awhile. I have decided to post my progress as scheduled - and because she's run into this little roadblock - We have declared a TIE in our First Annual Leisurely Turtle Race To Christmas With Squirrels Allowed. - ;))



5 comments:

Linda C said...

Not that you really want my opinion but I kinda like the #3 with the blue---the frames around the gingerbread figures are really eye popping. Don't like blue---how about gingerbread colored brown or would that be too much of a good thing?

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm confused - #3 has the Gingerbread Men framed in the Beige print and the Red print from the third photo of yardage - where would you put the blue? - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

P.S. There's a better photo of the "framing" fabrics in this post - http://alefthandedquilter.blogspot.com/2012/10/ltrtcwsa-gingerbread-men.html - ;))

Katie Z. said...

I like 3!

Linda said...

Since you asked for my opinion... (oh you didn't?) Well here it is anyway. ;-)
I'm actually partial to #4 since it has a border and the darker colors pleases my eye. And while you're cutting and sewing it all back together anyway why not go for it? Use them all! No leftovers to fret about.
So there you go. And since you can't bank my 2cents ... consider the source. heehee

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...