Monday, January 14, 2013

Design Wall Monday - 1/14/13


DESIGN WALL MONDAY - 1/14/13
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. at Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


I'm still working on my version of “Easy Street” -
Bonnie Hunter’s Easy Street Mystery Quilt - HERE -

And I have mentioned before that -

My version has taken a slight detour - ;))


I substituted “Chocolate” for her “Purple” -

“Teal” for her “Turquoise” -

“Raspberry” for her “Limey/Apple Green” - ))

My “Gray/Constant” is a light “Lilac” -

My backgrounds are “Cream - Tan - Pink - Light Blue” -

Because I used most of my White/Black last year in Orca Bay - ;))

So - with my substitutions -

My “Easy Street” would have looked like this -



All of that“Raspberry” is a bit much for me -

I probably would have switched the “Chocolate” and “Raspberry” if I had known -

But that's part of the fun of a mystery -

It doesn't always come out the way you thought it would - ;))

And because I already had most of the stuff cut and sewn -

The challenge became - how to make it work for me - ;))

So I played around in EQ7 -

And came up with some ways to replace most of the “Raspberry” with “Chocolate” -


After checking to see if I actually had enough “Chocolate” left -

I decided on this one -


I think I’ll call it -

Easy Street Detour - ;))

My Corner blocks look like this -


My Setting Triangles look like this -


My Block A looks like this -


My Block B looks like this -


For those of you who might not know -

I don’t like sewing 25-patch blocks (or quilts) one row at a time -

Unless I HAVE to - ;))

I much prefer my “Chunk Method” - HERE -

So - if my math is correct -

Along with a few “single” units here and there -

I should be able to work these up as giant 9-patches -

If I make -

48 - 4-Patch Combos -


64 - Turkey Combos -


64 - Shaded 4-Patch Combos -


64 - Stacked Geese Combos -


I started with the Turkey Combos -

Because they just sounded delicious - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Linda C said...

I love how your mind works on the block construction! I do the same thing as it is just to labor intensive not to break it down into chunks---too much room for error and variation in seam allowances to put the thing together in the end. Maybe she went all around the mulberry bush in construction trying to keep it a mystery?? I am NOT looking to see.

Linda said...

Wow! Your brain works in mysterious ways when you sew a big block together. hahaha I really love your colors and this is going to be one gorgeous quilt when you get it done.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I don't see the difference between putting a block together in units to make a 4-patch and putting a block together in 4-patches to make a bigger one - but then again - it's probably just me - and you - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Linda! I guess that I just see things differently sometimes - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...