Monday, January 21, 2013

Design Wall Monday - 1/21/13


DESIGN WALL MONDAY - 1/21/13
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. at Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


I’m still working on my version of “Easy Street” -
Bonnie Hunter’s Easy Street Mystery Quilt - HERE -

I call mine "Easy Street Detour" - ;))

============
Note - these instructions are written in LEFTISH.
If you are right-handed - just reverse the directions.
============

I finished the 64 Turkey Combos - HERE -


Then I played with the 4-Patch Combos -

My version of Block B needs 9 sets of 4 -


Assembly line -
Sewed the 4-patch to the chocolate square -
In sets of 8 -

With the square on the bottom -
And the 4-Patch on top -
With the “constant” leading -


Made the 4-Patch Combos -
In sets of 4 -


Mine are a little matchy-matchy -
I was limited in my “backgrounds” in the beginning -
Not knowing where the mystery would end -
And not knowing that I would run out of “backgrounds” -
More than once - ;))

Anyway -

Got them all sewn together and then I made 3 piles -

Column A - 9 sets of 4 - 4-Patch Combos -
Column B - 9 sets of 4 - Turkey Combos -
Column C - 9 center squares


Then I chose my sets -
Just like from a Chinese restaurant menu -

One from Column A -
One from Column B -
One from Column C -

And I made a Block B -
As nothing more than a giant 9-patch -


And - because I watched the orientation of the 4-Patches -
When I made the 4-Patch Combos earlier -
As long as I keep a Square in the corner -
My Block B will have the 4-Patches going the “correct” way - ;))

Now I just have to make 9 of them -

Then I'll move on to the Block A “combos” -

I’m leaving the setting triangles and corners for last -

I have an idea for the borders that may or may not work -

So I want/need to play a little in EQ7 first - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -






3 comments:

Linda C said...

Hooray for EQ so you can at least get an idea of what it might look like before you cut up your fabric and find out you hate whatever idea you thought would work. Plus it is easy to swap out colors till you get the look you want.

Have fun!

Linda said...

Lookin' good!

AnnieO said...

Always nice to see piles of completed units, isn't it? Pretty color combo you have there, and I like your name for the quilt :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...