Monday, February 25, 2013

Design Wall Monday - 2/25/13

DESIGN WALL MONDAY - 2/25/13
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. at Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


You may not be able to see in this photo -
But I machine appliqued the Gold halos and the top three stars -
On the Folk Art Christmas Tree - HERE -
Folk Art Christmas - by Cindy Taylor Oates - (c) Taylor Made Designs -

It is one of my entries in the LTRTCWSA - 2013 -
Leisurely Turtle Race To Christmas With Squirrels Allowed - 2013 -

The little “Race” that Linda - HERE - and I started - HERE -


And I made another bunch of blocks for my LHQSQ -
Left-Handed Quilter Sampler Quilt -

They still need sashing -
But the blocks themselves are done - ;))

Block #76 - Mississippi -


Block #77 - Nine-Patch Variation -


Block #78 - Nine-Patch 2 Variation -


Block #79 - Bird of Paradise -


Block #80 - Optical Illusion -


I also spent some time reading blogs -

I found a TERRIFIC one-block quilt pattern -
On Marge's blog - Delaware Quilts - HERE -
Be sure to read her post and the comments -
Then follow the link to the pattern - ;))

And BOB found a review on that Modern Quilting ebook -
Glowingly positive as expected -
And funny, too -
Once again proving that Spell/Grammar check -
Only work when you use the right word -
In the first place -

I’m not going to give you the link to it -
Because I don’t want to embarrass her -
But here is a quote from her review -
This eBook gives you three very fun and impressive quilts to make. As someone who is in the processed of developing her own patterns, I take a special interesting in how directions are written. I’m very impressed with this eBook and how clearly everything is laid out. The directions are clear and easy to follow. I defiantly could take lessons from these people.
BOB usually laughs at typos -
Like processed and interesting -
We ALL make those -

But did you catch the last sentence? -

Reminds BOB of the line in Princess Bride -

I do not think it means what you think it means - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -


5 comments:

~Kris~ said...

Love your little Christmas tree. Very sweet pattern.

Linda C said...

uhhh, spell check is not her friend, I would say. I defiantly could.......now that sounds like ME.

Angie in SoCal said...

Cute Christmas tree! I really like those blocks, too. You have been busy.

Linda said...

snort!! Do I dare comment... heehee.
Yep! Could be me.
Love your blocks and the tree.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks - glad you like the blocks and the tree - ;))
So - should I let her know?
It's really not my place -
I'm not her proofreader or her mother - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...