Friday, November 22, 2013

LHQSQ - Rolling along -

.
I was rolling along -

And finished up the Bottom Right Corner section -

Of my LHQSQ - Left-Handed Quilter Sampler Quilt -

The photo went "live" yesterday - ;))

Then I cut a bunch more sashes -

For the Top Right Corner -

Left some plain and made some with cornerstones -


Before I realized they were SHORT by half an inch -
And had to redo them - ;((


As I was telling LindaL -

My "Easy Street" (Bonnie Hunter Mystery - HERE ) is on the dining room table - within reach - but I HAVE to get LHQSQ off the wall before I can put "Easy Street" up. UNLESS I can talk My Other Half into putting felt up on the OTHER side of the hallway wall - that might be an interesting conversation - haha - ;))

I make mistakes like that ALL of the time. I think that I'm doing it right - and am obviously NOT paying attention to something crucial - like the SIZE - haha - ;)) I write stuff down - but sometimes don't bother to look at it - DUMB!! And then I pay for it and have to redo - you would think that I would LEARN - huh? But when I was sewing clothes for my kids - I learned not to put it away BEFORE I got to the zipper - put it away AFTER I did the hard part - made the rest easy peasy. I still have UFOs - but probably more from boredom than screwing up - I can only plug away for so long before I see something shiny - haha - ;))

Anyway - I decided to bite the bullet and caught My Other Half in the hallway. I asked him - "What you would say if I wanted to put felt up on this other side?" He said - "Well, you were always going to do that anyway - weren't you?" He is SUCH a sweetheart!! He did say that it might feel a bit more claustrophobic if I have stuff on both sides - but then asked where I would get something like that. I said JoAnn's - and he said - "Didn't I just give you a coupon for that the other day?" (We got one in the mail.) SO - guess who's going to JoAnn's to get some more felt? WOOHOO!! - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Katie M. said...

What a great way to decorate the halls (or for Christmas "deck the halls") ... okay, just couldn't help myself... :-)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Ho - Ho - Ho - ...okay, so me neither - ;))

Julie Fukuda said...

I wish I had some wall space to use. That felt could be a design wall, huh?

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

It's not fancy but it works for me. I just buy "felt" off the bolt. It comes 72" wide - so that goes from top to bottom on the wall - all I need is a piece the length of the wall. I put it up with thumbtacks. I can't pin "into" the wall like you can on some other design walls - but I can pin blocks to the felt. I try not to scratch the wall behind it when I pin - but if I were to take the felt down - there are probably a LOT of scratches on the wall. I don't think that they are any worse than nail holes from pictures - just more of them A little Spackle and some paint should make the wall "new" again - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...