Monday, December 22, 2014

Design Wall Monday - 12/22/14


DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


This is on my wall today - ;))



I made it a while ago -

And had it fuse-basted to a batt and backing -

And in the stack to be quilted -

When I realized that the letters had been FUSED on -

But hadn't been SEWN down -

So guess what's on the menu for this coming week??? -

Besides waiting for Santa, of course - ;))

===

This past week I finished up this one -


And only used half of the ball of yarn -


So I decided to make another one just like it -
Only it came out a bit longer -
Because I had a bit MORE than half a ball left -
And I just kept going until I ran out of yarn - ;))


Then I made a rust-colored one -


And a fuzzy one with "Fun-Fur" and a purple 4-ply worsted weight -



And then another fuzzy one with "Fun-Fur" and a turquoise 4-ply worsted weight -
"Simply Soft" - and it REALLY IS SOFT!! - ;))


And then I made a variegated brown one -


And then a plain Royal Blue one - ;))


I have a couple more to make -

But they go SO fast -

That I should be able to get them done -

Before Christmas - ;))

===

By the way -

Today is ALSO TUSAL - New Moon -

But I've written up that post -

To "go live" tomorrow - ;))

Come back tomorrow to see what I did with this year's ORTS - ;))

I KNOW that it's supposed to be -

A TOTALLY USEESS STITCH-A-LONG -

But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do -

Because it seems like such a waste -

To just put them in a baggie -

For SOMEDAY - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Would I be right in thinking that the scarf yarn for the first finished one shown is LionBrand Homespun?

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

VERY GOOD, Gene!! - ;))
The answer is "YES - BUT" - ;)) YES - it's LionBrand Homespun - BUT - it's the "Thick & Quick" version - 8 oz. - 160 yd. ball - as opposed to the "Regular" version - 6 oz. - 185 yd. ball - ;))
The "rust-colored" one is the "Regular" version - and it works up nice and lacey. The "Thick & Quick" version is VERY "Thick" and fluffy and fun to work with - and VERY "Quick"!! - ;))

Jennifer said...

Love your "word tree" - hope the stitching down goes well.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Jennifer - the stitching will probably take me FOREVER - but it should be FUN - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...