Thursday, January 7, 2016

ENJOY!! - ;))


Today I didn't get any sewing done - ;))

It stopped raining and I spent the day working on some "business" stuff -

That I had been putting off due to the rain and possible power outages -

SOOOOOO -

I thought that this would be a good time to share my WORD for the year - ;))

I thought long and hard -

And checked around blogland -

And found several wonderful words and phrases chosen by others - ;))

One of BOB's favorites was -

"Not my circus - not my monkeys" - ;))

That one made me laugh -

And although I can certainly relate to it -

I decided to choose a different one - ;))

As you can no doubt tell from the title of this post -

My WORD for the year is -

ENJOY!! - ;))

ENJOY the company of family and friends -
They fill my life with love and joy - ;))

ENJOY the chaos when the grandchildren come to visit -
The laughter and conversations are to be treasured - ;))

ENJOY the peace and quiet when they leave -
I can hear myself think - ;))

ENJOY my solitude -
I can be alone without being lonely - ;))

ENJOY the sunny days -
They make the world look bright and wonderful - ;))

ENJOY the rain -
It makes rainbows and waters the flowers - ;))

ENJOY my good fortune -
I have family, friends, neighbors, a nice house and several sewing machines - ;))

ENJOY my retirement -
When I was working, I would dream about being at home and quilting all day -
Now I'm retired and CAN quilt all day - ;))

ENJOY what good health I have remaining -
One of my doctors calls me a "boring" patient -
And I think that's a good thing because I could have a painful disease - ;))

ENJOY a good book now and then -
My Kindle has hundreds of freebies just waiting to be read -
And hundreds more available to be downloaded - ;))

ENJOY the days as they go by -
And they do go by very quickly -
We don't know when our time is up -
And life can change in a split-second - ;))

So I think it's a good word for me this year - ;))

I want to simply -

ENJOY! - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I, too have been mulling the possibilities for my focus word and like your pick. My words these last few years have been more challenging that fun and I have started the year out with a huge challenge as my husband is in serious condition in the hospital ICU. When I saw your "enjoy" it reminded me of all the support and prayers I am receiving from family and friends all over the world..... and having all 6 kids at my side. I think I will try that one for now and see how it goes.

Gene Black said...

Enjoy! I read a way to find more on Netflix and I enjoyed a movie I had never heard of last night.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oh, Julie - I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I can certainly relate to the ICU part having been there many times with my own husband throughout the years. You do indeed have the support and prayers from family and friends all over the world. I hope he has a speedy recovery and that you both can ENJOY this New Year - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm glad you ENJOYed a new movie - sometimes the ones you never heard of are pretty good - ;))

Katie M. said...

An excellent choice of words! I don't have a 'word' for the year (maybe I'm missing something because I don't do resolutions either...) I've always had a motto, though - "Live life - it is NOT a spectator sport!"

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Katie - I’m not very good at keeping Resolutions - good intentions and all of that - so I don’t bother to make them - but I do like the WORD or PHRASE idea. It's a little something I can keep in the back of my head throughout the year. And I like your motto - although I must admit that there are plenty of times when I don't want to play the silly games anymore - I just want to "spectate" - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...