Monday, July 11, 2016

Design Wall Monday - 7/11/16

DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===



On my wall today -


Pinwheel Polka is together - but still needs borders. I'm thinking a narrow border of the white with pink polka dots and an outer border of pink(s) and/or green(s) - haven't decided yet - ;))

We all know that a quilt top made with six-inch blocks set 4x6 should (mathematically) come out to 24-1/2" x 36-1/2" with seam allowances - and it does - YAY for me!! - My 1/4" was "playing nice" the whole time - surprise, surprise - ;))

Here's a close-up - lots of points to match- and I gave it my best shot - ;))


I also made the "Heart" for my Memory Quilt - ;))


Today I plan to play with these -
They should make some pretty crumb blocks -
Or maybe even a crumby border - ;))




Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yaay for the math and quarter inch seams working together nicely.
I like your little heart for the memory quilt.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Gene - it WAS a pleasant surprise - since my 1/4 " has been known to take a "vacation" with little or no notice at times - LOL. My Memory Quilt "heart" is one of many - I did several posts about them through the years - do a "search" and you may see the photos unless Mr. Google has been messing with me again - ;))

Julie Fukuda said...

Your idea for the border sounds great. I am really impressed with all those points. You made the machine behave so well.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Julie - sometimes my machine does what I want it to do - but usually it seems to have a mind of its own - sorta like my computer - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...