Sunday, October 2, 2016

October should be a FUN month -


OK - you know I had to fix it - ;))


It wasn't so bad - the tuck showed up when I stitched the binding down in the ditch between the flange and the outer binding - not when I attached the binding to the back in the first place. Whew! - And since I still had Lily set up with the gold thread on top and the off-white in the bobbin - I "un-sewed" the few stitches on the back - and re-stitched it in the "ditch" on the front -


Even though the stitching doesn't exactly hit the "ditch" on the back - it's still less noticeable than the tuck - so I'm happy with it - ;))


And since I was playing with Lily - I decided to change the thread to black and play with some decorative stitches and my walking foot. My Brother machines don't recommend using the walking foot with any stitch that goes in "reverse" - so my Husquvarna Lily 555 is perfect for the job. I tried a "feather" stitch and a "serpentine" stitch in the black borders on each side of my Amish Cheater Panel Table Runner -


I stitched the "feather" stitches first and then the "serpentine" down the center - so it puckered a bit - but I think this runner will be a good example of the decorative stitches that are available on this machine. I can sew other stitches in the other borders - and use it as a reference piece - ;))


The Halloween Cheater Panel is all ready for Free-Motion quilting practice - ;))


Like I said yesterday -

October should be a FUN month - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Great job! I like the halloween cheater panel. That should be fun to quilt.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Gene - the cheater panel has been "stitched in the ditch" already - so I was going to try some FMQ in the background areas - in matching thread to hide my bloopers, of course - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...