Monday, December 12, 2016

Design Wall Monday - 12/12/16


DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


On my wall today -

My O Happy Christmas from years ago -



It's from Keepsake Quilting
O Happy Christmas Kit -
#5723 -
30” x 48” -
(Sorry - it’s no longer available - )

It included the “pattern plus all the fabrics needed for the top and binding” - and I have several posts detailing its progress. There are too many to list here - but you can see them all if you do a search of my blog - in the top left corner - ;))

And - in other news -

I did a "de-construct" of the Blue Churn Dash - which I DID decide to "unsew" - because the blue is really crappy fabric -


I thought I could salvage the other fabric - but some of it has stretched - so the chunks will go in my scrap bins and probably be used in string quilts or crumb blocks - something won't care if the fabric is stretched a bit - ;))


Then I made the backings for the next three and did some "stitch-in-ditch" quilting with my walking foot -

The Christmas Sudoku Quilt is "stitched-in-the-ditch" and Free-Motion Quilted - I'm working on the borders doing straight lines with the walking foot - should be done today or tomorrow -


The January Sudoku Quilt is also "stitched-in-the-ditch" and Free-Motion Quilted - I'll work on the borders doing straight lines with the walking foot - after the Christmas Sudoku - and that should be done today or tomorrow, too -


And the Folk Art Christmas Quilt is ready for Free-Motion quilting after the Sudoku quilts are bound. I used the walking foot and some white thread to stitch around the outer edges of the applique on the "perimeter" of the tree - not around each and every piece. I want to do some FMQ in the background - and if I use white thread - my boo-boos shouldn't show up too much - and the texture will be all that you see - I hope - ;))


After that one is bound - then I can play with O Happy Christmas - the backing is already made - I just need to fuse/baste it - and do some "stitch-in-the-ditch" quilting to stabilize it a bit - probably something between the lines of the letters as opposed to around the perimeter of the applique - haven't decided yet -

And that will be number four of the six that are on my list -

Looking good!! - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -





2 comments:

Gene Black said...

You have it going on! I am impressed with your progress.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Gene - it's amazing what I can get done if I stay OFF the computer - haha - ;))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...