Monday, January 30, 2017

Design Wall Monday - 1/30/17


DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


On my wall today -



It's called "Capital T" -
And is a "public domain" block found in EQ7 -
I used it as Block #96 - in my LHQSQ -
Left-Handed Quilter Sampler Quilt -

See the page/tab at the top of my blog for details and a photo of the quilt top - ;))

For the last few weeks - I have been dealing with "business ducks" and decided that I wanted to take a break to play with my new toy. So I looked through all of the blocks that I had made for my LHQ Sampler Quilt - looking for one with squares - HST - AND Flying Geese. This block fit the bill - and I re-made it using my new LEFT-EZE™ Rule - ;))


I took three 2-1/2" wide strips -
Cut some sections down to 1-1/2" wide -


Used the LEFT-EZE™ Rule to cut out the pieces -


Stitched them up -


And it came out at 6-1/2" - like it was supposed to - ;))


Only problem was that the center square should have been BLUE -
So my brain apparently wasn't working very well -
But the LEFT-EZE™ Rule worked just fine - ;))

Am I going to "fix" it? - Nope - I was just playing - and it will do for now.
I'll do it correctly if/when I do a tutorial on how to work up this block - ;))


Then - I decided to see if I could use the LEFT-EZE™ Rule to make a "Flying Star" using Gene Black's video - HERE - and my handy-dandy Size Chart (that I can't show you yet) - to convert the dimensions he used to "Pre-Cut Strip Widths" -

First - I used a Green Stripe for the corner blocks - and decided that there wasn't enough contrast between the Green Stripe and the Beige star points -


So - Plan B - I switched out the Green Stripe for some Blue -


Stitched it up - and it came out to 8-1/2" square - like it was supposed to - ;))
I should re-phrase that - it's a teeny bit short in that top left corner - but that's MY fault - not the fault of the ruler - THAT works just fine - MY accuracy could use some improvement - ;))


So - there you go - two different blocks - two different sizes - using the same ruler - what's not to like? - ;))


And for any of you who might be wondering about the "business ducks" - I think that I have taken care of most of them. There are City/County/State/Federal "ducks" - Design/Beta-Testing/Manufacturing "ducks" - Banking/Accounting/PayPal "ducks" - Shipping/Postage "ducks" - Blog/Tutorials/Demos/Size Charts "ducks" - and others. Those are the basic ones - but then they all have several "cousins". And they seem to multiply in the dark when I'm not looking - like scraps - ;))

The Beta-Testers have helped me decide on the design modifications/changes that I want/need to make - so - since I don't like to try to "conduct business" on Mondays (some people still seem to be in "weekend" mode) - I'll deal with that tomorrow. I don't know the manufacturer's timeline or whether or not they are backlogged - so I have no idea and can't tell you yet how soon I will have any in my hot little hands to sell.

I have already set up another blog (private for now) and did several tutorials for the Beta-Testers - but they are much too long and need to be condensed - so I need to work on those. I will also have to re-do ALL of the photos - since they used the prototype and the final version of the LEFT-EZE™ Rule will look a bit different.

And I still need to set up PayPal and figure out the Shipping/Postage part - so those are this week's "ducks".

Like I told one of my friends -

It's like -

Deal with a "duck" -

Relax -

Breathe -

Repeat - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad to see you back...I was a little worried there, but hoping it was the lefties ruler that had you Mia! Good luck with all the ducks!!!

Katie said...

I'm glad to see you back...I was a little worried there, but hoping it was the lefties ruler that had you Mia! Good luck with all the ducks!!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Katie!! - twice - ;))

Sandra Henderson said...

I like your blocks ! keep on with your endeavors ...

Kathaleeny said...

Love your fabric. Can't wait to see the new baby too. Good luck.

Julie Fukuda said...

Nothing succeeds like success! Fine tool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...