Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A wee bit of quilting -


Going on behind the scenes -

Not too much to post about -

But I got the backings made for my May Flowers Sudoku Quilt and my July Americana Sudoku Quilt - and I added them to the "pile to be Free-Motion Quilted" -

Then I did the FMQ in the center portion of a bunch of them - ;))


It's nothing fancy - just lines back and forth from corner to corner - changing direction in alternate blocks. It doesn't need to be marked and it seems to fill in the 9-patches nicely. And since I'm not driven to FMQ a different design in each and every one of my Sudoku quilts - this design does what I want it to do - and I'm happy with it. All I have to do is find a pretty thread color and go for it - ;))


The borders on the May Flowers Sudoku were quilted in a grid pattern with my walking foot. Seems that one corner got folded over - so I had to fix that -


But it wasn't worth it to re-thread the sewing machine with the walking foot to stitch just that little bit - so I decided to FMQ it on the other machine still threaded with the red thread used on the February Valentine's Day Sudoku. It's close enough and nobody will ever notice the color difference unless they look REAL close - or one of you guys tell them - LOL - ;))




Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -




1 comment:

Gene Black said...

Ha ha.... It is rare that I don't manage to catch some edge or corner -no matter how careful I think I am being.
(I will never tell your "secret")

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...