Monday, May 1, 2017

Design Wall Monday - 5/1/17


DESIGN WALL MONDAY -
Check out all of us who link up with Judy L. -
At Patchwork Times on Mondays.
We have some awesome stuff on our walls!
Well, THEY do - ME - not so much sometimes - ;))
===


On my wall today -


These are the Flying Geese that I talked about HERE -
Bali Pops™ - Kiwiberry -
By Hoffman California International Fabrics -

I was able to salvage some HST from the wonky cuts -

And I LOVE the yummy colors! - ;))


I played with some layouts from last week and found several that I liked but the fabrics that I chose were a bit boring to me - so I want to rethink that part and play some more before I post any photos - ;))

And I had another one of those "Today is NOT the day!" I "tried" to sew a simple block together and kept messing it up. It was a simple nine-patch - first I sewed the bottom three in the wrong order - and after I fixed that - I sewed it to the TOP instead of the bottom - so I gave up and moved on to something else. I got my Halloween Churn Dash "stitched-in-the-ditch" - so it joined the pile of other sandwiches ready to be quilted. When I tried the nine-patch again the next day, it went together the way it was supposed to. Guess that's one advantage of having several projects going at once. And if it doesn't want to "work" today - maybe it "will" tomorrow - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -




5 comments:

Gene Black said...

Some days walking away is the best choice for sure. Luckily for me, I have several hobbies to it is easy to just walk from one to another.

Home Sewn By Us said...

I almost had one of "those" days yesterday. I started on a new quilt and wanted the blocks to go a certain way - forgot all about that until the second row. I did a mental gasp, slowly looked at row one on the ironing board . . . and miracles of miracles, they were correct. Sometimes the sewing powers are with you, and sometimes they are helping others that need it more. ~smile~
Roseannd

Robin said...

I've had days like that. My hands are working but my mind is somewhere else. Glad you were able to get those 9-patches to eventually cooperate.

Julie Fukuda said...

The best part of hand sewing is, that when I do that ... it is easier to un-sew. Isn't it nice to know you are not alone?

Judy Hansen said...

FYI - Since Judy Laquidara is no longer doing "Design Wall Mondays", I talked to her and got permission to continue Design Wall Mondays at my blog: http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

I hope to see your posts on future Mondays, Judy Hansen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...