Monday, July 31, 2017

Another detour -


My first Lion quilt was made about 40 years ago -

And documented in my Quilt Journal - HERE - ;))


So now there are three more Lions that need quilting -

Khaki -


Gold -


And brown/pink - ;))


The khaki and gold ones have a mane with a "swirly" pattern on the fabric -

Which may or may not be easy to follow with some Free-Motion Quilting - ;))


The brown/pink has flowers that probably won't show much quilting -

Just the texture -


And the bottom of the brown/pink one is a pink gingham -

So I will probably use a white thread to have it blend in as much as possible -


BUT -

Before I play with the Lions -

I want to get better at following lines on something that won't show all of my little boo-boos "design elements" -

So I pulled out the Christmas panel -

Do You See What I See -

That has been in the "pile to be quilted" for some time now - ;))


I found some thread colors that will really blend in -

The more "invisible" - the better - ;))



Besides - this is the last day of July -

And everyone knows we need a little Christmas in July - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -







1 comment:

Gene Black said...

(singing) Haul out the Holly! Put up the tree before my spirit falls again. Fill up the stocking, I may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now. For we need a little Christmas. (end singing)
I would think the lions would be easy to quilt. wobbly lines in the mane don't matter at all. Most lions don't have a stylist. Ha ha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...