Wednesday, December 6, 2017

A little bit of quilting and a WHOLE LOT OF FIRE!! -


Over the weekend I was able to do a little Free-Motion quilting on my "Do You See What I See?" Christmas cheater panel -

Some feathers in the dark blue side and top borders -


Some wavy lines between the stars in the top left and top right corners -


And I "auditioned" several ideas for the top off-white border with the star -


I think I know what I want to do - but I got interrupted -


When the power went off Monday night right around bedtime -

I found out the next morning that the area about 20 miles to the north of me -

WAS ON FIRE!! -

BIG TIME!! -


HERE -

That is SO SCARY - and even though it's 20 miles away - that is REALLY close to home. We are not in any danger of being evacuated yet - BUT - you never know which way the wind will carry it - or how FAST it will move - so I got some things together - just in case.

Got my bags, packed -

Just don't want to have to go - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I hope those fires are under control soon. It seems your area of the country has had more than enough fire in the past few months.

Katie said...

Your feathers look great! I hope the fires are under control soon, but make sure you evacuate at least your sewing machine!!!!!

Julie Fukuda said...

With a son fighting forest fires since June, I hope they get that under control soon. Very VERY scary.
Good to be prepared at any rate .

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...