Friday, March 9, 2018

Almost together -


I usually don't like sewing my blocks together in rows -

I much prefer to sew them together in "chunks" or "sections" -

But these rows are pretty short -

And I should be done by now - LOL -

But "chores" keep getting in my way - ;))


When I sew the rows - I find that it is much easier to sew the blocks together if I put the "Crumb" one on the top and the alternate block on the bottom - that way I can see which way the "Crumb" seams are going so I don't accidentally get one folded over -


And the only seams that I have to "match" are where the two sashings meet -


Of course - when I sew the rows together - I'll have to match the seams where the blocks themselves meet - but that's easy peasy - ;))

Hopefully I will be able to "get it together" tomorrow - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I would call that "logical order". (Of course it helps to be in the right mind).

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Very interesting blocks...coming together nicely.

Frog Quilter said...

Love the cheddar top. A good way to use all those bits and pieces.

Frog Quilter said...

Love the cheddar top. A good way to use all those bits and pieces.

Katie said...

That layout would be harder to do as chunks, I think. Sew it together however you like - it's your quilt! (And that black and white tony bit in the second photo? I have that one!) It's looking great! Do you have plans for these when finished?

Gene Black said...

It is definitely easier to do a straight setting in "chunks" than to do an on-point setting that way. My normal is sewing rows so doing an on-point setting for me is just working out the size of the setting squares.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...