Sunday, March 4, 2018

Cheddar Crumb Squares alternate blocks -


Didn't take as long as I thought - ;))


I only needed nine blocks - with four sashings of 3 squares each - so I didn't bother making strip sets. I cut a bunch of 1-1/2" squares from some strips and scraps and just sewed sets of 3 - trying for a lot of variety - until I had 36 sets -
The math geek in me loves this part -
9 blocks x 4 sashings = 36 sashings x 3 squares = 108 squares (1-1/2" x 1-1/2")


The cheddar seems to work quite well with both blocks -


But I only have 10" squares and 5" charm squares - neither of which is large enough to cut the side QST setting triangles or the corner HST - so I checked my yardage and found these two possible contenders - on the bottom left and right.


The one on the left is a small leaf print and looks too yellow to me.

The one on the right is a tone-on-tone orange that is a much closer match - and just a little bit darker. I usually like the outer edges/borders of my quilts to be darker than the interior of the quilt top - so it should work.

The setting triangles and corners will not match the cheddar used in the Crumb Squares or the alternate blocks - but will they match each other - so that's OK - ;))

===

On a totally different subject - I need some help/advice -

I'm having problems with my mail again, UGH!! I ordered some books from Amazon - tracked the package - saw that it was delivered to my mailbox on Saturday - but when I went to check the mail a half an hour later - it wasn't there!!

So - USPS signed off saying they delivered it - and Amazon has confirmation that it was delivered by the USPS - but I don't have it. I think we can assume that neither of them will be "responsible" for it - and that it is basically "my" problem -

So now what? -

I tried calling the local post office - they're closed on Saturday -

I tried going online to file a "missing mail" claim -

And the site was "not available at this time. Please try again later." -

So - I ask you - now what do I do? -

The package AND all of my expected mail is missing -

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Katie said...

The cheddar on the right - I agree. As for the mail...see if it arrives Monday. If not call and talk to the local postmaster. Or stop in at the post office itself and make sure you're taking to someone higher up than a desk clerk. Filling out an online form, in my opinion, allows someone to blow you off much easier, though it can, if not deleted, make a form of paper trail. There might be an actual form you can fill out at the post office, too. But maybe it will just turn up Monday, too. At my work we've had customers track packages and complain when we say we didn't get anything, only to find the box turn up later that day or the next. We have no idea what their tracking system is, but rarely sign for anything... It's all a big mess in my opinion...but we've had trouble with FedEx and UPS as well, so there's no perfect system.

Sherry said...

Your quilt is looking lovely. I think the darker fabric looks like a great choice.

Now, with your mail, speak with the local post office first. If you just get "lip service" go on line to file a complaint with the Post Master General.

We had a problem with not getting mail when we would come back from vacation. It seems that there was a "floater" carrier that would just throw mail in the trash, the back of his car, or in his house when he decided he was tired of working. I kept getting no where with the local postmaster until I filed with the postmaster general.

When you speak with your local post office be sure you take names, dates of contacts, time of contact, etc., etc. because I found the more detailed I was the faster I got action.

Of course, there have been a rash of packages being stolen in our area lately, so it may not be a postal problem.

Good luck.

Gene Black said...

I agree that the left fabric is too "yellow" - and the one on the right is darker but much closer.

I would wait for today's mail and if the package didn't show, contact Amazon saying that you didn't get it even though it shows delivered. Be nice but also be sure that they know how upset you are. In the meantime I would phone the local post office and have them check on it also.
My experience is that you will get more help from Amazon than the PO.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...